VES-Falcon Autofocus Bioptic
AbleData does not produce, distribute or sell any of the products listed on this website, but we provide you with information on how to contact manufacturers or distributors of these products. If you are interested in purchasing a product, you can find companies who sell it below.
The VES-Falcon Autofocus Bioptic is a bioptic telescope designed for people with vision loss of 20/300 (6/90) or better. The technology provides low vision patients with hands-free, magnified vision. The eyewear allows users to engage in day-to-day activities such as seeing friends and family, seeing at work or school, participating in social settings, using the computer, and driving where permitted. The VES-Falcon Autofocus Bioptic features 4x Keplerian optics and provide a 12.5-degree field of view. The device has a focusing range as close as 13 inches. The Falcon also has a separate rechargeable battery that operates for 8 hours on a single charge. The device weighs 3.2 ounces.
The product includes the following:
- Cleaning cloth.
- Fitting tools.
- Slip-behind filters available.
- Clip-on filter available.
OPTICS: Monocular Keplerian telescope - Interchangeable for right or left eye.
POWERS, FIELD OF VIEW, FOCUS RANGE:
- 3x 15 degree field of view focuses to 13 inches (0.33 meters).
- 4x 12.5 degree field of view focuses to 13 inches (0.33 meters).
- 5.5x 9.5 degree field of view focuses to 15 inches (0.38 meters).
- Adjustable eyepiece corrects for plus or minus 8 dimensional spherical refractive error.
- Eyepiece corrections indicated for Prescriptions greater than plus or minus 8 dimensional sphere or 3 dimensional cylinder.
FRAME MOUNTING: Bridge mounting system. Completely adjustable for PD and viewing angle.
BATTERY: Operates 8 hours on a full charge. Rechargeable USB battery included.
WEIGHT: 3.2 ounces (90 grams) including frame (excluding carrier lenses).
FRAME OPTIONS: Appropriate for all Ocutech metal frame styles.
CARRIER LENSES: Prescribe the patient’s habitual distance prescription including bifocals if normally worn.
WARRANTY: One year limited warranty for defects in manufacture and workmanship, 90 days for battery and cable.