TAP-it Interactive Learning Station
AbleData does not produce, distribute or sell any of the products listed on this website, but we provide you with information on how to contact manufacturers or distributors of these products. If you are interested in purchasing a product, you can find companies who sell it below.
TAPit (Touch Accessible Platform) is an interactive learning center designed to support learning and software interaction for people with special needs. It is intended to be used by individuals with visual, cognitive, mobility, physical, hearing, speech and a combination of disabilities. The interactive system is built with a technology that accommodates to specials needs. It has a control for involuntary movements; a platform with ongoing visual reinforcements to complement lessons; finger-touch input to keep hands free of pen tools; and software the allows teachers and parents to adjust graphics and learning material.
The system can be operated by touching the screen using a finger and assistive devices; including a head pointer, eye gaze technology, foot pedals and remote control units. TAPit works with most computers and is designed to be adapted to the teacher-student needs. Is also compatible with Special Education systems such as: Mayer-Johnson’s Boardmaker®, IntelliTools™ Classroom Suite, Edmark’s House Series®, Kurzweil 3000™, WYNN™, Co:Writer® and Write:Outloud®, and VizZle®.
- Education bundle, which includes Memory Skills, Sorting Skills, Fizzy’s Number Skills, Leaps and Bounds Switch, Eye Track, as well as Inspiration and Kidspiration.
- Can move up or down and the 42" interactive LCD panel can be tilted from 0 - 90 degrees
- Low-glare, matte finish display is shadow-free, providing optimal viewing for low-vision users.
- Large, touch-sensitive screen supports the use of on-screen keyboards.
- Voice recognition for typing.
- Switch/scanning for mouse control or cause/effect programs.
- Screen readers for text-to-speech capability.
- Screen magnification programs.
- Manufacturer's 3 year parts and labor warranty.