Smart Cane Robin
AbleData does not produce, distribute or sell any of the products listed on this website, but we provide you with information on how to contact manufacturers or distributors of these products. If you are interested in purchasing a product, you can find companies who sell it below.
Smart Cane Robin is a wearable device designed to help individuals who are blind or have low vision navigate the world. A user can wear the device on their arm. The front of the device features the following from top to bottom: a range finder, a camera, a flashlight, and a microphone. The cameras capture the user’s surroundings and then detects all familiar objects, people and faces and calculates distances to them.
On the upper surface of the device there are seven buttons responsible for Robin’s control. Four of the buttons are oblong and are arranged in a circle surrounding a round central button. Two smaller buttons are located between two of the oblong buttons and the camera-side of the device. The buttons control the following functions: object search and distance measurement, face recognition and others.
How it works:
- To use Robin point it to the objects and people with its body front. Press the button required and fix it on the surface examined.
- Upon pressing the button, Robin performs the action and processes information with the use of Artificial Intelligence technology.
- In one or two seconds you would hear found objects, distances and people name's through the headphones or speakers, connected to the device.
Dimensions: 145.5 millimeters x 76.8 millimeters x 77.3 millimeters (5.7 inches x 3 inches x 3 inches)
Weight: 471 grams (16.6 ounces)
Wireless connection: Bluetooth 4.0 & Wi-Fi
Headphones/speakers port: mini-Jack
Charging port: mini-USB
Battery life: 3 hours
Cameras: 2 pieces
Microphone: 1 piece
Ultrasonic radar: 1 piece
- Smart Cane Robin
- Power supply unit with mini-USB cable
- Two hand bands to hold the device
- User Guide "Quick start"
- Braille "Quick start" User Guide
- User Manual and Warranty