Seeing Eye GPS
AbleData does not produce, distribute or sell any of the products listed on this website, but we provide you with information on how to contact manufacturers or distributors of these products. If you are interested in purchasing a product, you can find companies who sell it below.
The Seeing Eye GPS is designed for users who are blind or have low vision. The application is a fully accessible turn-by-turn GPS iPhone app with all the normal navigation features plus features unique to blind users. Features include:
- Instead of multiple layers of menus, the three important navigation elements are on the lower portion of every screen: Route, POIs and Location.
- At intersections, the cross street and its orientation are announced
- Intersections are described (e.g. four-way) with the clock face orientation of the streets.
- There are two choices for POI data (Google Places and Foursquare).
- Directions are configured appropriately for Pedestrian and Vehicle routes, including heads-up announcements for approaching turns, turn now, continue straight and upcoming turns.
- If the user wanders off the route, it's automatically recalculated and updated turn information is announced.
- Nearby Points of interest and intersections are automatically announced.
- Ability to run in the background or with the screen locked for iOS 7.
Compatibility: iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
System requirements: Requires iOS 9.0 or later
Current version: 3.1
Size: 42.4 Mb.
Languages: English, French, German, Hebrew and Spanish.
- Blind and Low Vision
- Disability Terms