See and Learn Saying Words Kit
AbleData does not produce, distribute or sell any of the products listed on this website, but we provide you with information on how to contact manufacturers or distributors of these products. If you are interested in purchasing a product, you can find companies who sell it below.
See and Learn Saying Words is designed to help children with Down syndrome to develop clear speech. It may also be helpful for other children with similar speech difficulties. It provides simple activities that encourage the imitation and repetition of one- and two-syllable words. It includes eight sets of words, each starting with a speech sound that usually develops early in typical development (b, d, m, p, y, n, w, and h). The 72 target words represent a range of vowel-consonant combinations and are selected from vocabulary suitable for younger children.
See and Learn Saying Words builds on the skills taught in the previous two See and Learn Speech steps. It features the following activities:
- Learning to Say Words - using picture prompt cards and speech reading cues to encourage first attempts at saying words.
- Practicing Saying Words - using sets of picture prompt cards in games to encourage more complete word production at least some of the consonants b, d, m, p, y, n, w or h.
- Rehearsing Saying Words - multiple repetitions of specific words to improve the clarity and consistency of word production.
The See and Learn Saying Words kit includes:
- A full color guide, including step-by-step instructions
- A records booklet for recording progress
- 72 laminated color word prompt cards
- 5 laminated color repetition counting cards
Component parts can also be ordered separately:
- See and Learn Saying Words Guide
- See and Learn Saying Words Records
- See and Learn Saying Words Word Cards
This is the US English version of See and Learn Saying Words. A UK English version is available from our UK store.