Pronto! 18 V4
AbleData does not produce, distribute or sell any of the products listed on this website, but we provide you with information on how to contact manufacturers or distributors of these products. If you are interested in purchasing a product, you can find companies who sell it below.
The Pronto! 18 V4 is a braille notetaker and voice output electronic organizer designed for use by individuals who are blind or have low vision.. The Pronto! 18 features an 18-cell refreshable braille display, an 8-button ergonomic braille keyboard, clear sounding speech output, and a comprehensive suite of productivity applications that help make life easier at home, school, and at work. The device is lightweight and only about 6 inches wide, 3.5 inches deep, and just under an inch high.
- Word Processor: Create and edit Rich Text Format (RTF), Braille Ready Format (BRF), and text (TXT) documents. Edit Word DOC and DOCX formatted documents, and save them in RTF format.
- PDF Document Viewer: Open and read accessible PDF documents. A password dialog allows you to enter passwords for protected documents.
- Planner: Create appointments and meetings in this easy to use calendar application
- Address Book: Record names and contact information for everyone you know.
- File Manager: Access files on the internal flash memory, the included 4 Gigabites SD card, or from a standard USB stick that you insert into Pronto!
- Timers: A family of clock related applications that includes date and time, stopwatch, timers, and alarms.
- Calculator: With both a standard and a scientific mode, performing calculations with Pronto is as easy as 1-2-3.
- Spreadsheet Viewer: Allows you to open and read Excel (XLS and XLSX) format spreadsheets. Read cell by cell within a column or row, jump between worksheets, access comments, and more.
- DAISY Reader: read DAISY books while you’re on the go.
- MP3 Player: Listen to music, podcasts, or other audio files, including recorded notes that you created using the Pronto! voice recorder.
- Voice Recorder: press and hold the record button on the front of Pronto! to quickly record audio notes or reminders.
- Email: Using the built-in Wi-Fi, access your POP and/or IMAP email accounts.
- Web Browser: Using the built-in Wi-Fi, surf the web with the Pronto! web browser.
- Internet Radio: Listen to Internet radio stations from around the world, and even bookmark your favorites.
- Braille Translator: With separate settings for reading and writing, Pronto! let’s you decide whether to work with Grade 1, Grade 2, or Computer Braille. Simple keyboard commands even allow you to switch on the fly between braille codes.
- Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) with WPA2 - IEEE 802.11g
- 4 channels of Bluetooth, with support for simultaneous connectivity to multiple devices.
- USB (Master) Type A.
- Mini USB (Slave) Type B Mini.
- Serial port.
- Microphone (mono) and headphone (stereo 3.5 milimeters).
- SDHC Slot (SD 2.0 specification).
- Use Pronto! to connect with portable devices (e.g.: iPhone/iPad), or to a PC/laptop to either synchronize with Microsoft Outlook, or to use it as a braille display in conjunction with screen reading software.
Speed Version: 4 (V4).
Size: 6.8 x 3.6 x 1.25 inches.
Weight: 1 pound.
Color: Black and Gray.
Compatibility: PC, Ma, iOS and Android.
USB Connections: Yes.
Warranty: 2 Years.
- Blind and Low Vision
- Disability Terms