PARO Therapeutic Robot
AbleData does not produce, distribute or sell any of the products listed on this website, but we provide you with information on how to contact manufacturers or distributors of these products. If you are interested in purchasing a product, you can find companies who sell it below.
PARO Therapeutic Robot is an advanced interactive robot that allows for the documented benefits of animal therapy to be administered to patient in environments such as hospitals and extended care facilities. It can be used to provide emotional support and companionship to the elderly, individuals with mental or cognitive disabilities, or to those who would benefit from a pet but cannot have a live animal.
PARO features five kinds of sensors: tactile, light, audition, temperature, and posture. These sensors allow PARO to perceive people and it's environment. With the light sensor, PARO can recognize light and dark. He feels being stroked by tactile sensor, or being held by the posture sensor. PARO can recognize the direction of voice and words such as its name, greetings, and praise. PARO can also learn behavior based on the user.
By interaction with the user, PARO responds as if it is alive, moving its head and legs, making sounds, and showing the users preferred behavior. PARO also imitates the voice of a real baby harp seal.
- Color: white or gold
- Durable yet soft artificial fur which is anti-bacterial and soil resistant
- Strong internal robotics that can handle long-term use
- Has an electromagnetic shield (safe for pacemakers)
- Manual (English and Japanese)
- Pacifier charger (pink and yellow)
- Internal rechargeable battery
- Power: AC100V, 50-60Hz, 1.3-0.7A
- Length: 57 centimeters (22.4 inches)
- Weight: about 2.7 kilogram (95.2 ounces)