Magnetic Clock & Teaching Hands
AbleData does not produce, distribute or sell any of the products listed on this website, but we provide you with information on how to contact manufacturers or distributors of these products. If you are interested in purchasing a product, you can find companies who sell it below.
The Magnetic Clock & Teaching Hands is a wall-mounted clock designed for children with neurological disabilities to learn how to tell time. The Magnetic Clock with Teaching Hands includes over 50 magnetic pieces to customize a program for a student’s specific needs, whether at home or in the classroom. Learning to tell time is broken down into manageable lessons as follows:
- Number to Number Matching with Hour Numerals
- Number to Number Matching with Minute Numerals
- Filling in the Missing Numbers with Hour Numerals
- Filling in the Missing Numbers with Minute Numerals
- Reading the Hour and Minute Numerals with the Teaching Hands
- Filling in the color-coded "Time Is:"
- Reading the Hour and Minute Numerals with the color-coded arrow hands and checking answers with the teaching hands
- Reading the Hour and Minute Numerals with the black clock hands
This systematic, interactive approach makes time-telling basics fun to learn and build upon, from becoming familiar with hours and minutes to understanding more abstract concepts like quarter and half hours. This kit breaks telling time down into manageable parts so students with learning disabilities will be able to feel successful every step of the way. The Magnetic Clock's adaptability and hands-on design make it usable for an entire classroom or a single student.
- Aids for Daily Living
- Disability Terms