iClick Environmental Control
AbleData does not produce, distribute or sell any of the products listed on this website, but we provide you with information on how to contact manufacturers or distributors of these products. If you are interested in purchasing a product, you can find companies who sell it below.
The iClick Environmental Control is a device designed for users with upper extremity and severe physical disabilities to allow them to operate up to two electrical appliances with an iPad or switches without room installations. With the iClick Environmental Control, users can turn electrical appliances on and off wirelessly using the free iClick app on the iPad. iClick also supports SimplyWorks wireless switches and any type of wired switch. iClick has two sockets that can be controlled independently. Choose the color of each switch or optionally replace the switch with a photograph taken, using the iPad's built-in camera or choose from the device’s existing photo gallery. The app can also be scanned using iOS Switch Control by users who can’t use the touchscreen. Safe wireless control on electrical appliances. Interference-free operation up to 60 feet. Seven control modes selected from the app. Four modes provide independent switch operation; three give cooperative control.
Can be plugged in one of the following ways:
- Direct- Appliance/toy is powered for as long as the user touches the switch on the iPad screen- a good way to teach cause and effect.
- Latching- Touch once for on and again for off.
- Timed- One touch turns the device on for a period determined within the app, from as little as 1 second up to 250 minutes.
- Cooperation- Requires two users to work together for the device to turn on and off- good for teaching social skills and cooperative play.
- On/Off- One switch turns on the device and the other turns it off.
Compatibility: Requires iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini, iPad Pro or later. Does not work with First Generation iPad or iPad 2. iClick uses Bluetooth Low Energy (Bluetooth 4.0) to communicate with the iPad. This feature was introduced with iPad 3 and iPad Air and is also available on all iPad Mini. Earlier devices will not work.
- Disability Terms