Hook+ Switch Interface
AbleData does not produce, distribute or sell any of the products listed on this website, but we provide you with information on how to contact manufacturers or distributors of these products. If you are interested in purchasing a product, you can find companies who sell it below.
Hook+ Switch Interface is designed to provide wired connection to the iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch via the Lightning connector.
It is intended for use by people with learning and cognitive disabilities, motor disabilities and others. Hook+ utilizes the Apple auto switch configuration and the first time Hook+ is used with an iDevice it will automatically configure the iDevice to use single switch auto scanning or dual switch step scanning based on how many switches are connected to Hook+. Once initially configured, switches can be manually re-configured to meet the needs of the user. The Apple auto switch configurator is only available on Apple MFi approved switch interfaces.
Once Hook+ is connected and Switch Control is configured, the user may do almost anything on an iDevice with a switch. Read an eBook, write an email, browse the internet, play games, control your home and others.
Hook+ is compatible with Switch Control found in iOS 7 or later. Hook+ is not compatible with apps that use keystrokes for switch clicks. Hook+ uses Apple’s proprietary HID Assistive Switch Control protocol for switch clicks and is compatible with Switch Control found in iOS 7 or later. To access Switch Control, go to the Settings App > General > Accessibility > Switch Control.
- Lightning connector provides a reliable wired connection
- Utilizes Apple auto switch configurator
- Hook+ does not have an internal battery and can be used as long as the iDevice has a battery charge
- Connect one to four individual switches via 3.5-mm/1/8-in switch jacks. With iOS 9, you are able to program two unique commands per switch for a total of eight different switch commands.
- Use the battery pass through on Hook+ to charge your iOS device while using Hook+