Hamilton CapTel 840i
AbleData does not produce, distribute or sell any of the products listed on this website, but we provide you with information on how to contact manufacturers or distributors of these products. If you are interested in purchasing a product, you can find companies who sell it below.
Hamilton CapTel 840i is designed for individuals who have difficulty hearing over the phone. The CapTel Phone requires both a single analog or digital phone line (DSL with filter, cable phone, VOIP, etc.) and a high-speed Internet connection via Ethernet or WiFi.
Please Note: The CapTel Captioned Telephone is designed for people who have difficulty hearing over the phone. People who do not require captioning support for their telephone calls should only use the CapTel phone with the CAPTIONS featured turned off. The CapTel phone is intended to facilitate telephone communication between two or more parties on a telephone call. Any other use of the phone is considered a violation or misuse of the service.
- Telephone Service
- High-speed Internet Access (Ethernet or WiFi compatible)
- Standard electrical power
- Size: 9 inches x 6.5 inches x 7.5 inches
- Weight: 2 pounds 10 ounces
- Power: AC Adapter: 6 VDC, 1670 mA, (barrel is negative), Adapter is UL listed.
- Dial Pad: Large Keys: 0.75 inch x 0.70 inch
- Display: 7 inches Backlit, graphical LCD color display, 840 x 480 pixels
- Function Buttons: 3 Programmable Speed Dial, 1 Customer Service Speed Dial, Redial, Flash, Mute, Tone, Caption, Volume, Up/Down/Yes/No
- Controls: Conversation: Amplification; when Captions on: 0-40 dB gain; when Captions off: 0-18 dB gain, Tone
- Ringer: Ringer Volume: off, low, medium, high (0-87 dB at 1 meter)
- Indicator Lights: Mute, Volume Levels (1 through 12), Captions On/Off
- Handset Type: HAC (Hearing Aid Compatible)
- Dialing: Phone Book (97 entries), Speed Dial (3 entries), Redial (Last 10 dialed numbers)
- 4-Caption font sizes: Small 0.15 inch; Medium 0.20 inch; Large 0.25 inch; Extra Large 0.33 inch
- Adjustable colors for background and font
- Connections: Telephone line: requires RJ11 connection (can be standard analog line, VOIP, DSL with filter, FIOS. Does not support digital PBX system unless an analog port is available). 3.5 millimeter Neckloop/Headset, 2.5 millimeter Headset with microphone, Ethernet or WiFi wireless network, AC power
- Conversation Memory: 500 lines of captions
- Caller ID History: Info saved for last 99 calls
- Answering Machine: 60 Recordable messages, Recordable greeting, Selectable number of rings before answer
- Weight: 4.00 pounds
- Includes 90-day money back guarantee.