Feed The Duplo Alien
AbleData does not produce, distribute or sell any of the products listed on this website, but we provide you with information on how to contact manufacturers or distributors of these products. If you are interested in purchasing a product, you can find companies who sell it below.
Step One: Gather materials.
- Four Pringle Tins.
- British Racing Green Duck Tape.
- Zebra-Print Sticky Vinyl.
- Wood Effect Self-Adhesive Vinyl.
- Red Ribbon.
- Sharp Knife.
- Wiggly Eyes.
- Duplo Blocks.
- Eight Post-It Notes.
Step Two: Create the aliens.
- Cut a hole in the Pringle Tins to represent the alien’s mouth.
- Cover the “Shark Alien” (one of the Pringle Tins) with the Zebra-Print Sticky Vinyl and give this alien Wiggly Eyes.
- Cover the “Tongue Alien” with Wood Effect Self-Adhesive Vinyl and use the Red Ribbon for its tongue. Use a
- Use a Sharp Knife to add two small holes to the lid and push through two red pipe cleaners. Then add Wiggly Eyes.
- Cover the “Green Alien” with British Racing Green Duck Tape. Add teeth to the bottom of its mouth and give it a single blue Wiggly Eye. To its lid, add four small pipe cleaners.
- Cover the “Rainbow Alien” with rainbow Duck Tape and add two blue pipe cleaners coming out of its lid and two green Wiggly Eyes.
Step Two: Add sticky labels to the Duplo Blocks and use a marker to write a shape and a number on them.
Step Three: Color Sorting.
- Have the child practice color sorting by placing the same colored Duplo Blocks in the Aliens with the same colored Wiggly Eyes.
Step Four: Shape Sorting.
- Write a square, triangle, circle and rectangle on four Post-It Notes and attach them to the Aliens.
- Have the child sort with corresponding shapes.
Step Five: Number Sorting.
- Group the numbers 1 through 10 by 1,2,3; 4,5; 6,7,8; 9,10 and attach the Four Post-It Notes to the Aliens.
- Have the child sort with corresponding numbers.
- Disability Terms
- Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Brain Injury
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cognitive Disabilities
- Communication Disabilities
- Down Syndrome
- Emotional Disabilities
- Fine Motor Disabilities
- Grasping Disabilities
- Learning Disabilities
- Severe Physical Disabilities
- Speech Disabilities
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Sensory Processing Disorder
- Upper Extremity Disabilities
- Instructional Materials
- Cognitive and Perceptual Skills
- Daily Living Skills
- Instructional Materials General
- Math Skills
- Instructional Materials
- Therapeutic Aids