Dolch Sight Words Pre-Primer Level Slap-It! Card Game
AbleData does not produce, distribute or sell any of the products listed on this website, but we provide you with information on how to contact manufacturers or distributors of these products. If you are interested in purchasing a product, you can find companies who sell it below.
Dolch Sight Words Pre-Primer Level Slap-It! Card Game is a “Slap Jack”-style game designed for students with cognitive impairments to play. There is a center pile that tells players what card to slap. A center card is turned, play begins. When the matching card is turned the player collects the cards and a new center card is turned and play resumes looking for the new card.
Teacher Instructions: (Each “set” consists of one red page and one teal page. However, the sets can be mixed or combined for a larger, longer game.) Print on card stock and/or laminate the cards. (Card stock so the cards aren't see-through). Center cards are red and playing cards are teal for easy sorting. If you want to review words in a different order simply print the pages with the words you want and make your own sets. All sets match for this reason. To play: 2-4 players
- Place the word cards face down in a pile.
- Deal the definition cards equally among players. Place them face down in a pile in front of each player.
- Decide the first player.
- Flip over one of the center cards.
- In clockwise order players flip one card at a time. When a playing card is flipped that matches the word card: SLAP-IT!
- The first player to slap the card takes the center pile of cards that have been played and adds them to the bottom of their own pile.
- Flip another center card and continue playing.
- Game is finished when time is up or one player has all the playing cards.