Birds Friends Hand Strengthening Play Dough Mat
AbleData does not produce, distribute or sell any of the products listed on this website, but we provide you with information on how to contact manufacturers or distributors of these products. If you are interested in purchasing a product, you can find companies who sell it below.
Birds Friends Hand Strengthening Play Dough Mat is a free printable designed for use by children with fine motor and grasping disabilities to improve fine motor skills with a bird theme. Adding a motor component to a leaning theme can be a strategy to help children learn through play while boosting the fine motor skills they need for tasks like holding a pencil grasp, having endurance while coloring and writing. This activity improves dexterity in pencil control, which plays a big part in fluid and legible letter formation. This bird theme play dough mat is reusable. Use one of the ideas for play below.
- Match a different color play dough to the different colored birds.
- Fill all of the blue birds, then all of the yellow birds.
- Write numbers in the circles in random order. They can then scan across the play dough mat to challenge visual perceptual skills.
- Use the right hand to roll play dough balls for the circles on the left side of the playdough mat and use the left hand to roll play dough balls for the circles on the right side of the playdough mat.
- There are so many ways to play and use this play dough mat for learning and play WHILE strengthening fine motor skills!
- Aids for Daily Living
- Disability Terms
- Therapeutic Aids