AbleData does not produce, distribute or sell any of the products listed on this website, but we provide you with information on how to contact manufacturers or distributors of these products. If you are interested in purchasing a product, you can find companies who sell it below.
The 2-Minute Stylus is a do-it-yourself (DIY) stylus designed for individuals with upper extremity disabilities.
- A cotton swab (e.g., a Q-tip);
- Aluminum foil;
- Tape; and
- A pen.
- Remove the ink from the pen.
- Cut the cotton swab in half at a sharp angle, and insert it into the mouth of the pen.
- Secure the cotton swab to the pen with tape.
- Wrap the foil tightly around the cotton swab and the neck of the pen. Make sure that the foil is touching the cotton portion of the cotton swab. This will ensure that static electricity will travel from the user’s finger to the cotton swab through the foil, and finally to the surface of the touch-screen.
- Secure the aluminum foil to the pen with tape.
- Moisten the cotton swab with a drop of water (it should be slightly damp, not dripping wet). The water will keep the cotton swab conductive without harming the screen of the tablet or phone.
Note: In order for the stylus to work, the user’s finger must be touching the foil at all times. If the stylus stops functioning, re-moisten the tip of the cotton swab with a touch of water.