2019 AgrAbility Virtual National Training Workshop (VNTW)
Join AgrAbility for a free 3-day web conference addressing issues of disability in agriculture. The AgrAbility Virtual National Training Workshop (VNTW) is a series of six, one-hour webinars conducted over three days. The preliminary schedule is:
- Tuesday, January 29, 2019
- 12:00 p.m. EST: Identifying Fatality and Injury Risks for Senior Farmers (Sean Tormoehlen, National AgrAbility Project)
- 3:00 p.m. EST: "Virtual" Assistive Technology Show & Tell (Paul Jones & Steve Swain, National AgrAbility Project)
- Wednesday, January 30, 2019
- 12:00 p.m. EST: Working with Shoulder Injuries in Agriculture (Ned Stoller, Michigan AgrAbility & Curt Bishop, Hulst Jepsen Physical Therapy)
- 3:00 p.m. EST: Updates from USDA/NIFA on AgrAbility and Related Programs* (Aida Balsano, USDA/NIFA)
- Thursday, January 31, 2019
- 12:00 p.m. EST: The Accessible Farm Shop: Considerations for Design and Safety (Shawn Ehlers, National AgrAbility Project)
- 3:00 p.m. EST: Beginning Farmer Basics (Tamara Benjamin, Purdue University)
A question & answer period is scheduled for each presentation.
To participate in any of these free webinars, register by Friday, January 25 by visiting the Website URL below. Instructions for accessing the sessions will be sent to registrants by Monday, January 28.
*Presentation of the USDA/NIFA webinar is contingent on the resolution of the federal government shutdown.